Saturday, December 19, 2009

TECHNOLOGY, THANKFULNESS AND CHRISTMAS TREATS
Our Wednesday sendoff has given way to safe flights, arrivals, and an overall
excitement for new experiences and friendships. In pure Sarah fashion, she warmed
the hearts of everyone around her…and in the end, got an upgrade from World Traveler to World Traveler Plus.

It has only been two days, but knowing she is half way around the world, my heart is
thrilled when a dichotomy of events…. and technology (that I usually take for granted) brings us together for a brief moment.

The day has been long, wintery cold and busy, and the lateness of the hour leaves me tired and somewhat weary. As I wrap up some thoughts and details in emails and journal entries, I pause before closing down the computer for the night.

The warmth of the morning sun awakens her earlier than usual….she pauses and opens up her computer for the day.
She is saying good morning, I am saying goodnight. Conversation was brief and light, but drifting off to sleep I thanked God for “perfect timing”, for the “little things” and for watching over my girl and keeping her in His care.

With a new day comes a winter wonderland of snow, snow and more snow! It is a “stay-at-home” kind of day filled with baking Christmas treats and cooking comfort foods. The aroma in the house is warm and rich! Sarah’s culinary gifts and her usual longing for a white Christmas makes my heart a little sad that she isn’t here.
But then, the click of the mouse brings us together again for a brief moment. As I take a break in between the baking trays of cookies, she shares with me the delights of her first few days in Kenya (and, her new cookie baking partner, Melia). It seems a good fit. Night time is drawing near for her and as she settles in to watch a movie with her “new & temporary” family…..my heart is glad that she has them….AND, that they have her!


Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You got a blog! :) Great way to record your thoughts, and with Sarah being gone it's a nice way to reflect on how special she is and how others can pray for her! :)
    Love how technology can keep you two close. :)
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete