Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tea Time Thankfulness

 You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis


Somehow, I don't even mind that the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder.  I've come to savor this time of year.  Just as the season of harvest is coming to an end and the fields are quieted for a much needed rest,  so do I settle in....with a good book, a cup of hot tea and a heart overflowing with THANKSGIVING.

It's the simple pleasures of autumn leaves and blue cloudless skies that stretch out with ease.  The north wind is blowing, the fire is glowing and my family knows abundance from diligently sowing.  As I gather my thoughts, and assess the results, I am blessed beyond measure with goodness I treasure.  Who would think through the rigors of life's daily clutter, would yield such contentment and peace for another.  I'm thankful for so many wonders discovered, yet so many more in life to uncover.  Faithful with all that you give to me Lord, in the stillness of my heart, I  long to give back to you so much more.   
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment