Saturday, December 31, 2016

Settling For More in 2017


Reading a "hot off the press" autobiography, given to me as a gift by my daughter (who completely understands my love for really good books), is how I spent much of my evenings in the days following Christmas.

Now, making my way into the office on these final pre dawn hours of 2016,  reflecting on all that has been and all that is yet to come.... these three words (which also happened to be the title of that autobiography) beat lock step with my heart...SETTLE FOR MORE!

More FAITH....because faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
More HOPE....that necessary posture of the mind that keeps us moving forward, sometimes against very difficult odds.
And,
More LOVE....because it is the greatest of all!

Settling for more is not so much an end game, rather it is an active process (and sometimes a daily choice).  Life changes, therefore, it requries that I change too.  The joyful, exhilorating moments that go perfectly and as planned speak for themselves, but when moments of stress and complacency and disappointment and unmet expectations attempt to define me,  may I find courage to risk, stand alone if necessary, shine a light thru the darkness, and SETTLE FOR MORE....a more that goes way beyond anything good that I could ever hope for or imagine.

The passing of time is marked by a turn of a calendar page, but for this moment,  here's to a  NEW YEAR and SETTLING FOR MORE.                                
HAPPY NEW YEAR 
CRYSTAL 
   2017 








No comments:

Post a Comment