Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Power Of A Praying Mom.

One of the greatest blessings in my life as a DAUGHTER has been the power of a praying mom.  My life has been guided and blessed immeasurably because of my mom and her prayers. 
One of the greatest blessings in my life as a MOM has been praying for my own children, pouring my heart out like water before the face of the Lord, on their behalf.  

For 4 years now,  conversations and praying together during finals (over the phone) have held a special place in my heart.  
The reality of my son's college graduation (in a few short days) was hitting home, and tonight as we prayed together,
"one last time before finals"
my heart was filled with a bittersweet gratitude.  
I've learned a lot about prayer over the years.

Raising a daughter, who is now a mom of her own
AND
 Raising a son, who is celebrating one chapter closing, and a new one beginning,
(with a great husband and father by my side)
I have known the joy of prayer, the urgency of prayer, the discipline of prayer, 
AND THE POWER OF PRAYER! 

4 Generations -- Me, my mom, my daughter and grandaughter

Celebrating Matt's 21st birthday (last year) 



















"Prayer is acknowledging and experiencing the presence of God and inviting His presence into every aspect of our lives and circumstances.  It's seeking the presence of God and releasing the power of God which gives us the means to overcome anything.  Praying not only affects us, it also reaches out and touches those for whom we pray.  When we pray for our children, we are asking God to make His presence a part of their lives and work powerfully on their behalf. All that needs to happen in our lives and the lives of our children, cannot happen without the presence  and power of God.  Prayer invites and ignites both!" 1
Whether you are MOM to a 2-year-old or a 22-year-old, (or maybe both)
won't you pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord?  
Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your children. 
Lamentations 2:19 

CRYSTAL


1 FOOTNOTE

  The Power Of A Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian  Copyright 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment